SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Can we talk about cabinet pulls vs knobs just once more?

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

I have been reading all the posts about this. I've been looking at countless photos. Here's the scoop. Don't ask for pictures--there are no drawers or doors in place to see!

I have found what I think I want to use for my cabinet knobs--crystal prism ball with chrome hardware. In my pre-renovated kitchen, I only had knobs on everything. (The round brass ones) But I now have some deep drawers added to the kitchen. I think I am going to put chrome pulls--the long skinny ones (not the T shaped ones, the U shaped ones). On the 30" drawers I'll probably use an 8" length, on the 24" drawers on the island probably the 6".

Here's the question: The drawers that we reused (we painted the old cabinets) used to have knobs. They were fine. There is an 18" cabinet with 4 drawers, and a 48" cabinet with 2 drawers and 2 doors below. Should I just change these drawers now to the pulls too? I am thinking that this will look more uniform.

FYI, the 36" range is between the new 30" drawers base cabinet and the old 18" 4 drawer piece. So they are not next to each other.

I am trying to remain calm and remember that it is these small details that make the kitchen look nice when done. I am trying to not let this little decision push me over the edge.

Comments (4)