SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

OH NO!!! Is this RRD or roundup damage???

aggierose
15 years ago

My roses are finally growing after I deadheahed them after their first flush. I have 2 roses that are growing funny. All of the new growth is red (normal for these), but the leaves are all curled up and the sepals on the new buds are culed at the tips too. The new leaves seem to have some greenish yellow spotting too. When I first looked at them I thought they had aphids all over them, but they didn't. They also have lots of thorns on the new growth and all of the thorns are bendable. They dont prick me at all when I touch them. These roses are along a fence and back in March I brushed roundup on the weeds that are growing up the fence from the other side which is my neighbors yard. These weeds are just inches from my roses. What do you think? Roundup damage or RRD?? What do I do to fix this??If this is RRD I may just give up on growing roses! I'll try to get some pictures posted later today. I have checked out Annes website and my pictures do look similar to hers, but it is kind of hard to tell. They are not putting out long shoots like her website said. Please help!!! I really don't want to loose these roses!

Comments (8)