SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odyssey3

OH NO--RRD Part 2 (more pics)

odyssey3
15 years ago

Now I am really having a hard time breathing. It is with a heavy heart that I report that tonight I have found evidence of RRD on all 5 of my remaining Belinda's Dream shrubs.

Here is bush 1 with a large caned, red growth

{{gwi:271878}}

Bush 2 with a smaller red growth

{{gwi:271879}}

Bush 3 with a witch's broom of deformed buds

{{gwi:271880}}

Bush 4 with a mosaic pattern of what I believe is probably RRD--Ann can you confirm this one? I'm not sure.

{{gwi:271882}}

Bush 5 with a deformed flower

{{gwi:271884}}

I also have a nearby Pink Pet, and the only evidence of possible RRD is a larger than normal candelbra of buds, all green. Can someone please give me an opinion on what to think here? Is this ok for a China?

{{gwi:271886}}

I am beyond devastated. These roses represent the first roses I planted at this house 5 years ago and are my front yard foundation plantings.

Now, for the sad questions.

I posted earlier photos of my original infected BD bush, which is getting shovel pruned. On the remaining 5 bushes, the pictures above represent all the evidence I can find of suspected RRD. Would you shovel prune all of them, or take your chances by pruning off the affected cane on each and monitor? My other rose beds are on the side of the house and in the backyard.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals