SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farmboy1_gw

Emerald Ash Borer Success?

farmboy1
12 years ago

I have a Green Ash in the parkway in front of my house. Last year I had the arborist lightly prune it, and look for any signs of infestation. He found none, and said it looked very healthy.

Though the tree is technically not mine, it makes my property look good and is a nice tree lining the street. The town hall is a couple hundred feet away, across the street. They are very appreciative of my efforts to care for the trees in the parkway.

My question for the experts here is what successes, if any have you seen in regards to the fighting the Emerald Ash Borer with treatments? I've read the EAB site, and while there's a lot of useful news there, I'm more interested in hearing what people in the know say about treatments. The arborist had some very good suggestions, but I also want to check around and see what others say in regards to treatment success.

Knowing that it may not be my decision if the tree is to eventually be taken down, I don't want to invest in extensive treatment unless I can get the village/township to agree to spare the tree if it looks to be doing well.

Comments welcome and appreciated!

vince

Comments (16)