SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eighteenlmslcsr

Snapper RP21875 Self-Propelled Mower - Dealer woes!

eighteenlmslcsr
13 years ago

Snapper RP21875 Self-Propelled Mower - Dealer woes! :dizzy:

I chose to purchase the new 8.75 (torque) (approx. 6 3/4 - 7 hp) (B&S)

Snapper from my local dealer in SE WI.

I paid $577 which I felt was a pretty decent price for this machine.

It was picked up on Tuesday 080310 at approx. 5pm CST

I did not use the mower on Wends. it sat on the trailer in the garage.

I took the mower with today 080510 to begin usage of it.

I get to the 1st client around 9am and pull the start string and she fires right up.

I look down at the hardware at the spinning disk and notice the bolts are rattling loose. No biggie I tighten everything up and am off mowing. WOW! what a great cut and all the POWER!:rolleyes::laugh:

I mow the rest of the lawns for the day and realize at the end of the day the hardware has once again all come loose. Ugh!

I stop by the dealer, as I'm only a few blocks from them and convey how I'm not happy with the setup. They are cordial and try to offer apologies and offer to give some lock nut parts to use as substitutes.

I'm back at the shop and realize all the stuff is the wrong stuff for this mower.:laugh:

I decide to get the right stuff on my own and to use blue loctite.

Problem solved.

I go to change the oil and the dipstick shows half empty. I drain into container and realize dealer only put 9-10 oz. of oil in engine. Refill and drain again. I refill to 18- 20 oz. ( per manufactures directions) and realize it is not even the correct dipstick. Shows double the amount of oil level.

I'm rather irritated by now.

What would you fellows do in this situation?

Should I return the mower and ask for refund?

Is it possible the engine sustained damage from lack of oil?

Is it better to just keep the mower now that it is set up?

Help!!!!

C.

Comments (7)