SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lew916

putting an echo pas hedge attachment on an echo srm-210

lew916
15 years ago

I went into an Echo dealership here in Sacramento, CA and inquired about an Echo SHC-212. I told the dealer that I had just purchased an Echo SRM-210 from him about 2 years ago and I was tired of using my hand held hedge clippers. I wanted to get into a gas powered hedge trimmer, but I wanted something with some length because I have tall bushes. I told the dealer that I trim my bushes back about 5 times a year so the Hedge Trimmer would not be used much. I told him maybe I should have got something in the Echo PAS series in the first place , that way I would just have to buy the attachment. The dealer told me that I could still just buy the PAS Hedge Trimmer attachment and loosen the three bolts that hold the gearbox to the shaft, remove my Trimmer head on my SRM-210 then attach the PAS Hedge Trimmer to my SRM-210 shaft and use it like that. He said Echo would not recommend it, and of course when I called Echo, the lady on the phone didn't think it would work because of different shaft sizes and cables. The dealer said Echo would not want to be responsible if people messed up the screws on their heads. I would like to hear some opinions from the experts on this site. Thank you. By the way I am probably going to get a used SHC-212 on E-bay.

Comments (10)