SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay_nj_gw

I Broke the Neighbor's Pressure Washer - HELP!

jay_nj
18 years ago

I borrowed my neighborÂs powder washer the other day. ItÂs a Craftsman 2100 PSI, model 580.768310, 6.5HP Tecumseh. As IÂve never used such before, he was nice enough to give me a quick lesson and told me to keep it as long as I needed it. Well, being the anal person that I am, I just couldnÂt accept the fact that he had over filled the engine with oil  and dirty oil at that. So, today I changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the body of the washer, etc, etc.. just like it was my own. Fired her up and started cleaning my block wall. After about 20 minutes, the engine start to slow and slow until it eventually stalled, (it was really laboring). Long story short, IÂd say something has gone wrong in the pump as the machine will only start if I have the wand lever depressed, or if the water hose is disconnected. I can just feel the pressure on the engine  itÂs too much for the old 6.5 HP. ItÂs almost as if thereÂs a valve stuck. Does anyone know if what IÂm describing has an easy fix? Is there oil in the pump itself that should be checked???

A footnote to the operation of the machine  it may or may not mean anything. When I got my tutorial, my neighbor told me that in order to start the high pressure spray, I had to hold the nozzle head of the wand between my two feet and push and pull. Only then would the water being to flow at high pressure. I thought to myself this to be odd. IÂd think all you should haved to do is pull the trigger and the high pressure stream would start  but not with this unit. However, today, after the oil change, the machine did begin to operate as one would think  pull the trigger and the high power stream starts. It was shortly after this "normal" operating mode that the problems began. Perhaps this machine was screwed up when it came to me?

Any help would be appreciated. IÂd just love to get this baby up and running (properly I might add) before I'm forced to take that long walk over to the neighborÂsÂ

Jay

Comments (28)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm