SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greyandamy

nyssa sylvatica

greyandamy
12 years ago

I apparently (and have NO MEMORY OF) tried to order 3 small trees from Greer a month ago. My mind's gone, or something happened, and their confirmation email went to my junk folder, which I forgot existed. I assumed they didn't get order. Long story, end is the trees will arrive TOMORROW. NOT THEIR FAULT, my brain or computer or something..

Scary memory's getting so bad, But one tree is a relatively small (don't know, maybe they said 2 foot?) Nyssa Sylvatica Zydeco Twist. I tried to read about it, still concerned about my fogs now, I get it has a taproot so pick one spot period. Some say hard to transplant, I currently haven't a clue where it's to go so it will have to go in a pot (they arrive in soil, tight bag) until I know where to put...which could be awhile. But then I haven't a clue from online how big to expect.... and one place says it's best in sheltered spot, that it won't tolerate exposed areas, cold, or hot sunny spots. THAT REALLY THROWS ME.. Acid soil..

Can anyone tell me anything else? Must it be extremely well drained.How much water does this beast need? How fast or slow does it grow? How much sun?

This is a tree that info online is very inconsistent about, a tree I didn't expect...

The other 2 are parrotia persica ruby vase (I figure it's in a container till fall), no clue to size, "slow growing???" Whatever that means...

and some kousa that I don't know takes full sun... and due to disease soil issues that too may be in pot for long time.

Amy

Comments (11)