SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elemire_gw

Arillaga vs Pauls' Early Blush vs Heinrich Schultheis

elemire
13 years ago

I was wondering if anyone is growing any of these?

I love Arillaga in pictures and temped to get it, but I wonder how is his health?

Also, I loved a pic of Paul's Early Blush in Beales website (where it looks similar to Arillaga), but it is so different from what is in HMF. I also wonder if PEB or it's parent, Heinrich Schultheis is a better rose color/performance wise (or if they both have some horrible problems/virtues)?

Comments (2)

• mendocino_rose
    13 years ago

Arillaga is a much more beefy big plant then the other two. I guess you might describe the blooms are being coarser. This doesn't bother me but it does some people.I'm sure you know that Paul's is the sport of Heinrich. All of these roses are disease prone. I had to reluctantly take out my Paul's. It got rust here terribly.

• elemire
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, I know Paul's is a sport, so should be very similar to Heinrich apart of color. Coarse blooms do not bother me either, size however I have to think about, since smaller roses = more roses.

Disease wise, did they all 3 got rust mostly, or everything else as well? Rust is not a common problem here, but mildew and sometimes blackspot can run rampant.