SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaime_i_luv_plants

Humidity problem in gh

jaime_i_luv_plants
16 years ago

Hi everybody. this will be my 2nd winter with a gh. Last year I didn't have a misting system and the circulation fans dried out the foilage to where everything looked parched so I watered it (foolishly without poking my finger in there first). And I think I drowned a lot of my plants as (God rest their souls) they are no longer with me. I now have a misting system (just 2 weeks old! and a watering meter!) But I am concerned I am going to be drowning my plants again. I have a digital thermometer that also reads the humidity in gh. I bought from Charley's their system with the humidistadt. (I also have exhaust fans) I have it set for 40% but the misting keeps going to almost 60% according to my digital reading. also, it really puts out a lot of water! I have unplugged it because I have found fuzzy stuff growning on fallen leaves in pots. That said, I check everyday to see what the humidity is and it says (depending on if there is natural humidity outside, e.g. rain) and plug it back in to adjust the humidity to around 40 - 45.

Today, I went to check and air is dry, 22% and plants look parched but I used the water meter and they are wet! What to do?! They don't need water but they are in need of moisture, which my system seems to put too much water in their pots.

Anyone out there that knows the answer to this problem? I spent a lot of money and my dh had the effort for this system and I had visions of lush green healthy plants.

thanks for input.

Jaime

Comments (13)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County