SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mowntx

here we go again...

mowntx
12 years ago

Well several years ago I repowered my 33" snapper zrider with a 19hp B&S single engine. It has run well, plenty of power however the whole time I have fought wiring and charging issues. The mower is 15 years old and the connections and wiring issues have started to add up. Recently though it would not start, not even turn over with a jumper cable. So I pulled the plug and was surprised to find it was soaking wet from water. We just recently had high winds from tornados that passed by within a few miles. the dealer told me he has heard of rain being blown into the cyl either from the muffler or a loose fitting intake. This motor seems to have the same crappy ill fitting air filter that I have heard of on the ELS engines, and I did leave it out in the weather... but has anyone ever heard of this? Should I repower again or give up and upgrade? I am thinking if I repower, I might bite the bullet and replace all the battery cables as well as the wiring harness. I am sure it needs a starter solenoid at this point since it will not turn over with the key but will if I use a screwdriver to short across the big terminals on the solenoid.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions