SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Thrips and Bees-Spinosad and Imidacloprid

bettyd_z7_va
16 years ago

This is my first time on the Forum and I want to start by saying I have learned so much just by reading all of the messages. Thanks for all of the info.

The main reason I signed on and am writing is:

I must share how I feel about using chemicals in the garden.

I am by no means an expert on the subject. I read everything I can get my hands on and am totally organic in my garden. Why? 3 reasons. #1 My son-in-law used insecticides to kill the bees that were around a pear tree in their yard and my 2 year old grandson started having seizures. We went through many years of medications and they moved to a new home. He finally stopped having seizures. THANK GOD!! #2 My best friend at work started using insecticides to kill the ticks in her yard and she started having seizures. She finally had to take early retirement because of the seizures and the meds that she has to take to control the seizures are so strong and have so many side effects that she basically spends her days in bed sleeping or sitting around in a mental fog. #3 My sister wanted to have a nice stand of grass with no weeds so she had one of those companies come and care for her yard by using chemicals to control the weeds and make sure she had nice pretty weed-free, green grass. She also used sprays in her flowerbeds to kill weeds and unwanted insects. She died from pancreatic cancer 3 years ago. There had never been any cancer in our family before this.

I can't tell anyone what to do on their own property. But I beg you to consider your health and your families health. I WILL NOT take any unnecessary chances with my families health just to have nice flowers or weed free grass. I get great enjoyment seeing my grandkids in my rosegarden smelling the flowers safely. They like to help me pull those pesky weeds while we talk and make memories. Thanks for letting me share with you. If I save one person's life it will be worth it to me.

God Bless

Betty

Comments (6)