SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kokosnood

automatic intake shutters ???

kokosnood
14 years ago

I am using a large exhaust fan which I recently installed on my greenhouse. It is plenty big for the size of the greenhouse. Not sure of the CFM--I bought it used from a large operation that went belly up. I ordered the Heating/Cooling Thermostat from IGC. It is working great. Now I need to create an intake which can open and close based on temperature. I am thinking about ordering a J&D Aluminum Shutter from IGC; but I don't know how to control it. It says it needs a controller but all I have is the thermostat hooked to the fan.

What can I use to control the motorized shutter, other than an expensive greenhouse controller? Is there a simple thermostat which would open and close the shutter based on temperature? I would set it a few degrees lower than the temperature set on the exhaust fan, so it would be open before the fan kicks in.

The large fan creates a lot of negative pressure within the greenhouse. Could I use a non-motorized shutter and would it get pulled open by the negative pressure when the fan kicks on?

Thanks!

J

Here is a link that might be useful: themostat I have

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!