SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susaninthegarden

Yellow Roses. Harrisons Yellow?

susaninthegarden
16 years ago

We have two old yellow roses that I believe one is Harrisons Yellow. After they bloom I will post pictures and see if anyone can help decide what they are.

I am impatient though :) so want to ask if there is another rose that is very very much like Harrisons Yellow but with a different scent?

The growth is very similar in both and they both sucker new canes. They get to around 8 or 9 ft tall very fast. We tried to get rid of one several times because it wanted to explore the porch but is very thorny in your face so not good where you want to sit. It has won mostly because when it blooms, it is spectacular. The small yellow roses drape on bowers of rose branches and even though the scent is light the sheer number of blooms scent the entire area.

It took 8 years of living here to realize the two thickets are not the same rose. One is in the back and one is in the front and the bloom time is slightly different. As the one in the front ends its bloom the one in the back starts up.

The bloom is very similar but the one is the back has a very slightly more formal look to the blossom and slightly less scent.

Anyway I am not asking for identification exactly but wondering if there is another Harrisons Yellow sister rose out there?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES