SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodinvirginia

avoid the cheap $20 ezspray battery powered rtu weedkiller

woodinvirginia
14 years ago

Tried the 4-AA Battery operated handle Spectracide Brush Killer Gallon bottle . First problem.. when I shook it up the inside hose separated from the input & refused to work at all. So I had to transfer the entire contents to a second jug to see if the product was broken or the hose (inside the RTU gallon bottle) was connected. It wasn't connected causing the lack of pumping ability of the product.

Then after I fixed that it was difficult to tell on the battery operated Nozzle at which point you had the Nozzle-Closed or Open // stream // or spray// There is no mark on the unit to tell you where the nozzle is closed! DUMB !

OK once I got the dang thing working it worked for only 15 minutes. The spray was not good at all in the spray mode it was acceptable in the stream mode. I think I would have done better avoiding this PRODUCT altogether and using a Tank Sprayer.

It must be for people who have small yards or a limited use. I don't see one getting repeat use out of this product. I say the product up fro review on Epinions.com; but no one there had reviewed it either. Couldn't find it on the net when I Googled. So I decided to Warn my fellow GardenWEB Home users about this product. Save your $$$ buy a decent tank Sprayer and buy your weed killer separately.

Comment (1)

• jimtnc
    14 years ago

Thanks. Warnings are always a good thing, especially if it will save money.