SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Greenhouse Progress

ladylotus
16 years ago

I wanted to thank all of you for so much valuable information. I have been reading this forum for quite awhile and started building my greenhouse this year. I am EXHAUSTED!!!! I don't think I will get it completed in time to heat it and keep my plants in the greenhouse this winter.

I first posted asking questions about heaters and did not receive many positive responses. One great response giving me a link to calculate my heating needs and let me know that I would need 50,000+ BTU's. But a couple posts saying it would be too expensive to heat it over the winter and advising that I only start seeds in Spring. While working a full time job and then working until dark every single night for the past 9 weeks I was very dishearted about my heating situation.

Then the posting about the solar pool covers came up and I once again have hopes of keeping my greenhouse heated over our dreaded winters with a minimum of heating needs. It still may not happen this year, but at least I know there are some other ways to make this work. Thank you!!!

Here is an updated photo of my greenhouse with the outside cedar siding put on. Everything on the outside of the greenhouse is finished for this year. Next year I will paint the outside white with ??? (not sure what color) trim. Any suggestions? ;)

I am currently working on redoing cabinets I confiscated from an old house that was being destroyed. I've worked 3 evenings just getting them cleaned and scraping off the paper that was glued to the shelves and drawers. Tomorrow evening I will have to replace old broken boards and build a green treated base for the cupboards so they will not rot when water sprays them.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse Photo

Comments (8)