SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freber_gw

Rose Suggestions for low hedge?

freber
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

My house has a bit of a problematic front yard. The front 10 feet or so belong to my town - there is a slight slope to the front of the property from the house and no curbs along the street. As a result, the downpours we get here in Jersey drain off along the front of our property - so it's often wet and weedy. Plus people drive on the front of the property b/c there is no curb and people can't drive, apparently.

Anyhoo...the tentative plan to remedy the situation is to get 4 feet of riverbed stones put at the bottom of the property, then my husband wants to plant 4 feet of wildflowers. We originally wanted a split rail fence to put some roses next to, but can't get the fence b/c it is still technically town property (and our property line is so close to the house, a fence would look ridiculous that far back).

So, just wondering if anyone has suggestions for relatively pest free, easy roses that would grow in a nice low (3'?)bushy format that I could put across the yard - adding visual interest but not blocking the view of the house and our hopefully-one-day pretty front perennial flower bed.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Comments (21)