SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clavero_gw

High night time humidity

clavero
17 years ago

Starting in late May I installed a misting (not fogging) system in my 9x14 gh (wood frame twinwall). So far I have used a timer (not a humistat) to activate the misting system for about a minute each hour from 9 in the AM till 5 in PM. Our summers tend to be cool (overcast in AM - from the Northern CA "marine effect") and then bright sun beginning about 10:30. GH goes into partial shade by 5PM.

GH has two 16" thermoactivated shutters alongside the door and a 16" exhaust fan high in peak opposite the door.

Daytime temps run about 75-90 average (with 60% shade cloth)and humidity ranging from 40-60%. This is the case with door open.

At night humidity climbs (with door closed) and by morning a common reading on my remote sensors indicate temps in low 60's with humidity in the high 90%.

The orchids seems to be thriving in this envirnoment and none of the few other plants seem to be showing signs of problems with the high night time humidity levels.

I have two horz circ fans runing 24/7 and the misted leaves of the orchids dry within a few minutes of each mist cycle.

Other than obvious signs of mildew in odd corners (not seen yet) what other issues should I be looking out for?

Thanks

Steve

Comment