SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kentc80

String trimmer won't idle...please help!

kentc80
13 years ago

Hi all. I am working with an Echo GT-1100 string trimmer. I must warn you ahead of time, I will be somewhat long-winded to be as descriptive as possible. The problem at hand is that my trimmer won't idle. It knocks off after aprox. 10-15 seconds of runtime after being started. After considering various small factors, I am down to adjusting the carburetor. The trimmer seems to run fine at WOT. I have run the idle speed up trying to gain some room to work with to the point that it sounds like it's at part throttle, with the head spinning also, while idling. I honestly believe, but am not certain, that I have the idle mixture adjusted about right. For the duration of time that it does idle, no more than a 1/4 turn to the rich causes it to sputter slighty, while no more than a 1/4 turn to the lean causes the engine speed to fall until it knocks off sooner than its' current setting. Having this said, what would anyone recommend my next step be? I will happily answer any questions that I am able to. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated. I will respond asap. Thanks a million!!!

Comments (13)