SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dandan77_gw

Craftsman LT1000

dandan77
14 years ago

I have a Craftsman LT1000 with a Briggs and Stratton engine model 42E707 Type 2275 E1. The mower has not run in an a little over a year, and I decided this past weekend to pull it out and get it running since my Snapper rear engine rider has a transmission that is on it's last leg. My brother originally took the cover off the engine and determined that there was no spark, so I purchased a new armature-magneto and installed per instructions given by my local repair shop. After the installation I was able to get the engine to fire and run for a couple of seconds before I noticed gas leaking on the floor of my basement. At that point I located a crack in the tank, and order a new replacement gas tank, fuel line, and inline fuel filter. I replaced all of the above fuel components this evening. I had to charge the battery using a schumacher automatic trickle charger. The charger indicated that the battery was fully charged, but when I attempted to start the mower the engine flooded. I had to remove the plugs and dry them out. After that I had to turn the engine over for about twenty to thirty seconds before it finally fired and started running. I let the mower run for a few minutes and purged the transmission per the owners manual. I shut the engine off to engage the transmission, and when I went to restart, the engine would not run. The battery went dead fairly quick the second time around, and I never got the mower to run again. Could it be that the battery being weak was not turning the engine fast enough to generate the required current to fire the spark plugs, or does anyone think that I have a different problem? Any suggestions on getting this mower running right would be appreciated.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions