SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xcaret_gw

concrete wire reinforcing mesh greenhouse

xcaret
18 years ago

Here in Calgary they make wire mesh that they lay in concrete to give it added strength .I phoned them and found they sell 20 foot by 7.5 foot sheets that have 6 inch squares . These are made of all different guages of wire

I'm thinking if I stuck one end with 6 inches of wire protruding into the ground and bent the sheet into an acrh and stuck the other end into the ground then anchored them by wiring them to railway ties and by putting 2 sheets side by side I would have a 15 foot long green house at the cost of $24 -$63 per 7.5x20 foot sheet the $60 sheet would be to hard to bend and too heavy to manage alone.so maybe $60.00 may do it for 2 sheets .Then the folks down the road sell green house polly guarenteed 4 years for $130 a roll ( 10'X100' )The north end I could dig a few postholes and drop a few dead trees in so I could nail old plywood to and the south end the same but use poly not plywood.I also thought to be on the safe side I could dig about 3 holes down the middle to put posts in to staple to top of the arch to for added stability .I saw a green house that was arched like this but wood frame and the bottom of the poly was attached to a long 2x2 that they roled up when ever they needed ventilation ..Can someone please advise me of what all might go wrong if I go ahead with this plan ?? Like everything I ever did it sounds easy till putting it into practice. Don't get me wrong I like to work on projects but I find the more questions I ask the better prepared I become ..

Thanks ,Neil

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville