SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Hybrid Tea Roses

ladylotus
14 years ago

I need some assistance please. I have 250 + roses but they are shrub, hybrid perpetual, polyanthas, portlands, old english austin roses etc. However, I do not grow hybrid teas as they don't generally survive our winters. I live in the country so it's even more difficult to get these hybrid teas to survive winters.

Here lies the problem...I have 4 or 5 acres in flowerbeds, paths, benches etc. My son is going to get married out in my gardens in Aug. I want to buy some inexpensive hybrid teas, plant the graft 6" below ground and if they only grow as an annual that is fine but I'm hoping I can keep them alive over several years.

My question is this...Will they bloom all summer? How can I be sure I have them blooming during the first weekend of August?

She is still looking for bridesmaid dresses so the color is not set in stone but she is thinking either purple or pink. I know the body bagged roses are taboo and I am gambling with possibly bring disease in my garden to my other roses. For the wedding the accuracy in brand names is not that important as long as the plants are either white, pink or lavender. I bought John F Kennedy, Angles Face and quite a few different pink hybrid teas. What can I do to ensure I get bloom during the first week in Aug?

Cut flowers from these plants will be used for 1. centerpieces 2. bridal bouquet 3. hair pieces 4. I'm hoping I have enough blooms left on the plants which will be planted by a particular white arbor that the pictures will be enhanced and the scent will be romantic.

Sorry for rambling. But since I'm not very comfortable with hybrid teas any advice would greatly be appreciated.

I'm getting a little stressed about making certain everything is perfect in my gardens. I really want their wedding day to be perfect, magical if you will.

Thank you.

Tj

Comments (13)