SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamesfrommissouri

Bought my dream GH, now some decisions to be made

jamesfrommissouri
16 years ago

I just bought a Sanata barbara, redwood deluxe 9x12 GH from someone on craigslist. I have to brag that I got the whole thing for $1,800. It's 7 years old, but has never been assembled due to their homeowner's assn. not allowing it, it's been sitting in their garage in crates. I couldn't believe the deal!

Anyway...I have a couple of place I could put this GH and am not sure which would be best. We have a pation off the kitchen between my workshop that is my first choice aesthetically. The grrenhoue could either cafe N-S, or E-W. The garage is on the north side of the patio and would block almost all wind. The workshop is on the south side and would shade out the lower section of it, but the roof and about half of the side would get full sun. Would it be best to have more of the side facing the south or would it be ok to just have the front of it facing south and the sides getting the east and west sun?

Another option I have is to place it on the back patio...full sun and everything, but it is a bit farther from the house and wouldn't be visible from anywhere but the backyard. This thing is beautiful and I'd hate to hide it, but I want it to function for seedling starting and maybe bringing in plants from the garden to extend the harvest into the ealry winter.

Ok...fire away with any suggestions or advice. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for us and I want to do this right.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm