SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rcmoser

Best advice on this fourm! a new year, a new way of thinking!

rcmoser
14 years ago

None of this stuff effects me causing I am the "OIL changing and pre-ventive maintenance NERD! or do I care if anybody reads or makes nasty comments cause it's not going to effect my way of thinking, and I know most of use that read or post here already know this crap.

No.1 by far got to be: "Keep your tractor out of the rain and snow" thanks to rusti most of us understood this, but to the lazy greenhorns who don't or check fluid before they jump on your mowing days are limited!

#2 Change the oil and filters atleast twice a year regardless of HOURS? (why? IMO 50 hours in the dust and heat is too long between oil changes usless you can get that many hours on after two months)(for some of use 50 hours could be a year or more)(and remember the owners manual usually has a change earlier clause in extreme conditions, mowing in the dusty conditions is extreme to me!) IMO for us in the south three times is better. once right after spring by May, when the summer starts to heat up, in aug. after running it in the heat through the hot summer months June, july, and aug. and sept or oct for use that live in the south and use the equipment to do leave work.

#3 And keep your equipment clean, blow off after ever use, wash if you use it after rain (under the deck mowing wet grass).

I sure there are more like greasing spindles very 10 hours. cleaning the air filter every 10 hours, and other stuff the owner manual recommend, but majority NEVER do.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions