SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t_bird_gw

I want to build a really beautiful greenhouse...

t-bird
11 years ago

I am so longing for one, and I want it to be beautiful, and to get as much sun as possible in the dead of winter....

My dimensions are 8 foot by 10 foot. What I'm thinking it to make raised beds out brick/stone about 2.5-3 feet high, 2.5 feet across with a 3' foot aisle. Then have the glass go up about 1 foot straight, and then a peaked roof.

this would be situated e to w on the long end, and on the south side of the brick I would put in a one foot high bed with class up to the 2.5/3' brick and have the glass slope from the 1' to the 3' for cold frames to the s of the green house.

On the glass, I would like to have it joined by metal - maybe copper so it can patina?

I would be having a contractor assisting/doing construction, so this is purely just design elements. While is sound pricey, costs are a concern so interested in what can help make it most reasonably priced. I want a greenhouse! And I want it to be beautiful!

One of the reasons to have the beds raised so much is due to no sun in winter as this is a city lot with close neighbors, and also the heat effect of all that brick or stone.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm