SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseywendy

So frustrated, furious and at wits end

jerseywendy
14 years ago

Several years ago, 4 years to be exact, and before I was "actively" into gardening and perennials, my MIL came to stay with us for a week, and she brought me some cuttings and clumps of various plants. Neither she nor I knew what they were called, and I let her do the planting.

God bless her heart, but one of the "things" she had plopped into the ground is peppermint. Yes, PEPPERMINT. Needless to say, it is running rampant in the once pretty corner in my garden. The site my MIL had picked contained 3 different hydrangeas, 2 roses, and numerous lillies. The roses are still hanging in, surrounded my mint, as are the hydrangeas - also surrounded my mint. My pretty lillies however have been smothered. :( :(

Peppermint everwhere. Runners everywhere. Roots all over the place. It took me 2 hours this morning to work on a 2' X 2' area, digging, chopping, ripping, and mumbling not so nice things while I was doing it.

Does anybody have any hints for me on how to eradicate this stuff? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for listening to my rant.

Comments (18)