SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msjacki

To Shovel Prune or Not?? Very Sentimental

msjacki
16 years ago

My husband bought my first rose, Tropicana on our 1st anniversay, twenty years ago. That tough bush has moved with us five times and has endured neglect and other forms of tortue through the years. I've kept it in a container far away from everything else due to her tendency for blackspot. Last year she was planted in the ground because we have decided that we are making this our home and are not likely to move again. Guess what? All of my roses have black spot. Even the two Westerlands that I thought would be more resistant AND the fact that they are on the opposite side of the house.

Here are my newbie questions:

If I shovel prune her....should I avoid planting another rose in her spot this year? (i'm assuming I should)

Would it be possible to dig her up and put her in a container AGAIN and keep her far away like I've done in the past, or is she just infecting all the roses as is?

Last....now that the roses HAVE blackspot, can it be cured or is it now something that I will ALWAYS have on my roses? I started spraying weekly at the begining of April.

Thanks for any advice you can give me

Jacki

Comments (6)