SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmpman1974

Insulating Greenhouse - Lost as Can Be - Please Help

cmpman1974
18 years ago

I apologize if this sounds stupid, but I am very new at this greenhouse stuff. I have a Flowerhouse Springhouse portable greenhouse that is 6 ft x 6 ft x 8 ft. I made an earlier post about heating it and got some great advice. I decided I am going to go with a 1500 watt ceramic heater.

My big issue is many people made reference to properly insulating the greenhouse. Some recommended solar pool covers, while others had different ideas. I am not sure what the R value is of the material used for this greenhouse.

Next, could someone please explain exactly how to use a solar pool cover as well as the approximate cost of one for a greenhouse this size. I live near several pool manufacturers. Are there other methods of insulation I could consider.

If anyone has pics of how they did it, I'd really appreciate it. I am having difficulty visualizing this since the solar pool covers appear to be blue. How can light go through blue? Would insulation go in the inside or around the outside perimeter of the greenhouse?

I'm hoping to get this setup very soon. I have a lot of peppers I want to get outside due to lack of room inside now! :)

Thanks everyone. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Chris

Comments (2)