SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gagalzone8

Help! Thornless or slightly thornless for South GA! Any Ideas?

gagalzone8
11 years ago

Ok, I am a newbie that has lurked since 2004. I have been bitten by the ROSE BUG! My question to you guys...any suggestions for thornless/slightly thornless roses that aren't total 8 ft. giants? My back yard is on the smaller side so I would prefer not to have to hack giants every year!! Fragrance is a must. Georgia folks know it gets some kinda hot & humid. I have found that asking others in our area is the wisest! Looking at other post, its obvious that they don't always match the catalog description. Also, it would be nice (lol) for them to be tough and hardy.. demanding aren't I? Hope you'll feel mercy for me and steer me on my way! I do have a green thumb and look forward to the challenge of roses. No HT! No Climbers (love them, but nowhere to put them at this point...unless they are restrained and would work on a pillar) I'm not a millionaire so would like to avoid mistakes by getting your advice!! Thanks in advance!
(anyone grow Queen of
Sweden? Love the upright growth! Perfect for a narrow screen along the chain link fence!)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus