SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie_az

I did it, I rooted a rose,

Carrie_AZ
13 years ago

I have been searching for the rose Oyster Pearl for some time now. I could not find that rose anywhere. Someone here suggested I try to root one( I can't remember who it was that suggested it). Well my mom has 2 Oyster Pearl' rose bushes, so I took 2 cuttings from them. I dipped the 2 cane's in some rooting hormone. I started them on Feb 24, 2011. As you can see by the picture there are roots.

Should I leave them they way they are for a little longer or put them in small pots. There are alot of roots you just can't see them all. Sorry the picture is so small, I did not realize it was so small until I posted it here.

I used the see through container's so I could see when the cane put out roots. I hear that is how one fails to root a rose, is by tugging on the cane to see if it has rooted.

If you have any suggestions on what I should do now I would appreciate it. I live in the Az desert where it is going to get very, very hot this summer so that will be a challange in itself to keep them moist through the summer.

I should probably keep them out of the afternoon sun.

I can't believe I did it, I have tried so many times in the past and have failed. The cane would alway's turn brown and hard. I finally succeeded to get 2 canes to root. I am so excited.

I am open for suggestons on what to do now?????

Thanks Carrie

{{gwi:245875}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus