SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harlgr8dane

A computer tip for sorting your trade list

harlgr8dane
18 years ago

Hello. I'm new to trading and noted many people write "sorry their trade list isn't in order"Âso here is a computer tip post from a newbie gardener (& trader) who likes computers!

For Microsoft Word: Highlight the items you want alphabetized. Then click on Table on the top menubar. Click on Sort. It should click on "paragraphs" automatically. "Text" and "Ascending" will also be highlighted. Then voila....your list is in alphabetical order! You can choose only certain items on your list - so that way you can keep "special" trades or anything else you would like to keep separate in their own little alphabetical list if you wish.

For Microsoft Excel: Highlight the items (or entire column) you want to alphabetize. Then click on Data on the top menu bar. Click on Sort. It should have "Column A" and "Ascending" automatically highlighted. Then voila....your list is in alphabetical order! (HOWEVER, if you have multiple columns...say you have columns with botanial name and another with common name....just be sure that it keeps the right ones together after the sort. This I'm not totally sure about in excel, in Word it keeps them together. I think if you have multiple columns then if you click on "expand the selection" if you get a sort warning, then you should be ok)

(If your seed list is on GW only, you can go to your seed list & highlight the items you want to alphabetize. Copy & paste them to either Microsoft Word or Excel and proceed as above. Then you can copy and paste them back to GW!)

Hope this helps some of you! And happy trading!

Renee

Comment (1)