SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Space Heaters?

jamie_mt
16 years ago

I thought I'd be able to wait until temps were higher so I could just use our "new" HFGH (6x8 - built last fall) unheated. The more I read, the more I just don't see that happening, and I'd like to be able to start some seeds in the house in late Feb/early March and transfer the seedlings to the greenhouse as they come up so we can really extend our growing season, especially for peppers and tomatoes.

To keep the night temps steady, I'm going to need a heater. There's just no way around it as far as I know. So I went through the forum, and looked at Charlie's while I was ordering more clips for our wind-blown panels, and it seems as though the electric heat source everyone prefers is a simple electric space heater.

Am I right on this? Do I just need a space heater or two? Does it matter what kind? I really don't want kerosene or natural gas...I'm more comfortable with electricity. And from what I've read, I'll need some bubble wrap for insulation, and a fan for circulation, etc...

In any case, if someone could confirm that what I'll need is a simple space heater or two (not some super-secret specialty greenhouse heater), that will get me on my way. I've got seeds ordered, and the rest of this month will be planning and budgetting for payday, which is the last day of the month. :-)

Thanks in advance...

Jamie

Comments (16)