SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracerracer

suggestions needed for hair-brained idea...please

tracerracer
15 years ago

Well, maybe not totally hair-brained, more accurate is half-baked... ;o) ....

I will try to keep this as short as possible.

We have the carcass of a Costco shed/carport (?) Tube metal and heavy vinyl cover. When we erected it, I clearly remember saying 'shouldn't we nail this thing down? Only to get the 'we don't get strong wind in this valley, it's too heavy to be bothered 1 week and a big thunderstorm later, itÂs in the horse pasture.... ANYWAY, I have this metal carcass that I've been circling and think (ready for the half-baked?) that I could use it as a lean-to style greenhouse on the south wall of our shop (totally unused ground, 6'x25', our Âbone yard IÂm trying to strongly discourage) . My plan so far consists of taking the 1/2s and attaching them to the shop wall, having the peak of the frame on the wall (donÂt know w/ what yet, but shouldnÂt be too tough). Frame in the ends and put doors there (access to front and back yard).

HereÂs my hang up, my DH is obsessing over how we will connect the plastic to the frame. I suggested a staple gun and the wood framing (maybe some lap over the top, just to be safe). Like the Ânailing down of the original structure, heÂs not thinkin that itÂs a very good ideaÂÂÂ.sighÂÂÂÂ.Do you think this would work? Is there a better (cheap) way? I have googled for a different plan, but end up getting plans for greenhouses and I would really like to be able to use what we have (fits my budget nicely, and at the cost of greenhouse plastic, ouch) Thanks for your time and any suggestionsÂÂÂÂÂÂ..T

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH