SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slagathor

Raspberry growth manipulation

slagathor
10 years ago

Sorry if this is the wrong topic but I couldn't find anything on manipulation. For me and my special someone's anniversary I purchased a raspberry plant that had 2 main trunks coming up from where the original was cut. I made a steel wire in the shape of a heart that I have the branches strung along. The right side is growing much faster than the other one (about 2 more inches of growth compared to the other one). When I tied them to the wire I also trimmed the leaves off to help encourage growth (never done this before and thought that was right) but left the 2 top branches/leaves. Both sides are healthy however the longer right side has much more leaves now. My grandfather told me to cut the top inch of the left side off to make it take in more nutrients. I cut just above a node where a chute was coming out hoping it will explode and catch up to the other lol. Any suggestions on what I should do to make them meet at the same point and fuse together? Sorry if that was confusing please ask for more info or clarification on anything. Sorry for no pics not home right now

Comments (2)