SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

best tool if you want to go hardcore perennials

whats your thoughts???

i vote for a short handled pitch fork .... apparently also known as a English Garden Fork .. see link below ...

the link is just for the picture ... you should be able to get it at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost shown [but see below] ... the key is the material or the attachment of the handle to the shaft .. i have broken a number of plastic handles ...

anyway ... you go around a plant.. a couple times.. and you can pop them out for division or transplant.. with little or no root damage ...

it is also great to just shove into tough soil.. pull it back. and loosen soil ...

turning and fluffing the compost pile ..

and a few hundred other applications .. [gladiatorial combat???]

agree or not???? what are other staples of your tool shed ... i have #2 in mind ... but will wait for your thoughts ...

ken

PS: the cost of your tool [pure thoughts here] is usually associated with the QUALITY of your tool [see immediately above] .... if you go too cheap .. and have to replace it every other year or two .. it wont be long before you spend more on cheap tools.. than the quality one in the first place .. learned that lesson with pruning shears ... oops i gave you my #2 ... lol .. felco pruning shears ... so you have to decide .. how many times will i want to buy this thing in the next 20 years ... because you just arent really going to stop gardening.. are you?????

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Comments (34)