SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
awomanwhois

Thanks! Made my choices and ordered today!

awomanwhois
17 years ago

I wanted to say a big thanks to the rose and antique rose forums. And a special thanks to Krista. I needed some real input from people who grow roses for their gardens instead of shows. It has really helped. I know I avoided some mistakes.

Called around locally and could not find what I needed. I was thinking of ordering from here and there, and then ended up going through Austin's catalog. I just really wanted to try the Huntington Rose, unknown and all that. They ended up giving me four roses for the price of three. The babies should be here next week, and I am very happy and excited. I was thrilled to find what I wanted so late in the season.

So the winners are:

Sharifa Asma

Huntington Rose

Eglantyne

Shropshire Lad (which was kind of a whim, I was thinking next year for this one, but knew I wouldn't find it locally)

And I believe I am going with William Shakespeare 2000 for the crimson. If I don't like it, I can always shovel prune. He is easy to get locally.

I have a few unknowns ready to bloom and if Lavender Lassie and Cl. Cecile Brunner donÂt show up, I will be giving Mr. Moore a phone call too, and than wellÂ.I will have to buy some miniÂs Â.

Hopelessly devoted to roses

Thanks

Roses4cindy

Comment (1)