SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcfromfl

Sources for 4mm twinwall mouldings?

bcfromfl
17 years ago

Hi everyone --

I'm in the planning/design stage for a greenhouse that I'd like to cover with 4mm twinwall panels. Trouble is, I can't find the nice mouldings that are available for 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm. The following two examples are of the kind of H-channel I'd like to find for 4mm:

{{gwi:287132}}

{{gwi:287133}}

But this is all I can find:

{{gwi:287134}}

As you can see, the 4mm H-channel can't be mounted directly over the studs. It has to be "free floating" next to a stud, which may not necessarily be a bad thing, but it's just not a clean installation and is potentially prone to problems. Also, I realize it's probably a relatively minor issue, but having the mouldings off to the sides of studs cuts down a bit on the amount of light able to shine through the panels.

If no one knows of better 4mm mouldings, might it be possible to use 6mm mouldings -- or would there be too much slop in the grooves?

Also, I'd really like to find nice corner profile for 4mm like this:

{{gwi:287135}}

Same problem -- they make this for the bigger thicknesses, but not for 4mm. If it's not available, what I'll have to do is use two U-profiles for each corner, then cover with Peel & Seal or something. As you know, the cost for mouldings can add up over the entirety of a project, and if I have to double the usage of mouldings on corners with another product to seal them tight, it adds to the bottom line.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bruce C.

Comments (5)