SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikemerk_gw

How to control the urge?

mikemerk
14 years ago

My wife would tell you that winter is a very dangerous time for her because rather than being consumed with Spring, Summer and Fall outdoor landscaping / gardening activities my mind tends to wander.

What I mean by this is as I walk into convenient stores and super markets I start eyeing up old produce, discarded coffee grinds, wilted flowers from the floral department, etc.. I think about all the stale donuts that hit the trash at Duncan Donuts. I think about collecting everyone's pumpkins after Halloween. Just yesterday I saw laying on the side of the road a bag of fruit that someone had tossed from their car. I pulled over and scored 2 lemons, 4 oranges, 2 pomegranates, a bag of carrots, 2 bags of cranberries, and a pumpkin. I came home jumping for joy and asked my wife to come into the garage to show her the treasure I just found. She took one look at it and looked me in the eyes and said "Your Sick!".

There is just something that gets me excited about making a useful product out of trash that drives me to the extreme. My father-in-law asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I asked him to have a pile of horse manure delivered to my house. My wife threatened him and put the kabosh on it.

My wife now yells at me to stop bringing other people's trash home. Compounding things she is the most neat and organized person I know. It just eats at me knowing all these spoiled, stale and outdated items end up in the trash instead of the compost pile.

I guess I am a sicko.

Happy New Year,

-Mike

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville