SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
queerbychoice

seedlings - possible Collinsia, Clarkia, other CA natives?

queerbychoice
14 years ago

I recently scattered seeds of three California natives - Collinsia heterophylla, Clarkia unguiculata, and Erysimum capitatum. Now I have lots of seedlings that seem to belong to three species, but I'm not sure yet which are which.

First, I have a lot of seedlings that look like this. Are these the Collinsia heterophylla?

{{gwi:348735}}

Second, I have a lot of these little spotted things. They don't really look like anything I planted, but they also don't look like anything I've ever seen here before, which makes me think they must be something I planted. I receive different seeds than I was supposed to? Any guesses about what these might be?

{{gwi:348736}}

And then I have a bunch of much tinier, bluish things scattered around between the two other types of seedlings. I know it's probably too early to figure out what the tiny blue ones are, unless you can do so by the process of elimination.

{{gwi:348737}}

Meanwhile, these last two plants aren't new seedlings at all, but volunteers that have been around for at least a year. I'm still trying to figure out what they are. Any guesses?

{{gwi:259658}}

{{gwi:348738}}

Comments (7)