SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckster_gw

Mulch, Manure, etc around shrubs, trees.....

buckster
15 years ago

Howdy,

I have bounced around this forum in the past and have been reading a lot of old posts. Some people it seems believe manure is ok others post to compost it first. So I though I would post what I want to do and put it up for posting.

I have alot of shrubs and fruit trees. About 2 acres worth. So it is not a small space.

I have access to manure, not composted, wood chips some old some new.

I would like to put this around the old lilac, cherry trees and other fruit trees, not in my garden of veg.

I would love to pile this up and compost it. But I don't have a tractor or the time.

I mainly have time in the winter and I would like to put manure mainly horse and a little wood chips around the plants. The reason for this is my soil is high desert alk. that bakes in the summer. I have everything under drip lines and I want to not have to water as much. When I dig around the plants I never see any worms. The fruit trees are peach cherry etc.

Let me know what you think. I would love to make compost but I don't have a lot of time to get all the materials and I only have this month or so to do this and then the rains stop.

Thanks a ton,

Bucky

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County