SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swflagrdnr

structural brick as pavers? Concrete roof tile as pavers?

swflagrdnr
12 years ago

Hey all. I'm in South Florida and planning an outdoor patio. I mention So.Florida because frost and freezing are no issue whatsoever.

I have access to some very VERY reasonably priced structural brick (you know, the kind with 3 holes in it) and am considering purchasing it to use as pavers in a patio. Since the brick is standard sized (8x4x2.25) I was thinking of laying the bricks on their side, so that the holes are horizontal. Yes, I understand this will require twice as many bricks as normal, but as I said, they are really cheap. Has anyone ever seen a patio/path paved like this? Since freezing is not an issue for me, can structrural brick be used on the ground like this?

These structural bricks are unfortunately, not red brick, but sandstone/tawny/yellow brick colored, which is why they are so cheap. Has anyone seen a sandstone/yellow/tawny brick path?

Finally, I am also considering using new but free to me concrete roof tiles for pavers. Dos anyone have any experience? I may have access to flat concrete tiles, but certainly will have access to the barrel tile roof types as well. Can the barrel tile roof tiles be used like this?

THANKS!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting