SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cesherman

South Florida Driveway - Concrete Pavers

cesherman
6 years ago

I am having the hardest time deciding on a color/style for our new driveway. We have a large space to fill, our house has a white tile roof and is currently green but we plan to paint it a grey blue color. I have gone back and forth on the style I like, but I am leaning towards the look of the Old Chicago Brick with a 90 degree herringbone design (see attached photos below). I keep going back and forth on what I like. We have seen many homes down here with the Old Miami style brick that looks great but these bricks are much larger than the traditional Old Chicago Brick. We tend to like the lighter color pavers more although I know they may fade or look dirty over the years. This is a big investment for us so I want to be sure I am making the right decision.

I am finding it frustrating that the driveway companies we have reached out to do not have more photos of driveways they have done in all colors available or even that they don't drive us around neighborhoods to point out the colors we like on homes they have done. They mostly just have small samples of the pavers to show us the color options but this does not help me visualize on a driveway.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Our current driveway:

Clay brick in herringbone pattern:

Driveway company recommended the Old Chicago color below but I think the Saltillo color looks more like it.

Old Miami in a lighter color:

Comments (5)