SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosewinda

Watching waiting for water to boil / sigh

rosewinda
13 years ago

I'm so excited with this year, after loosing 200 roses and starting over the ones I do have left in the bed that lived threw my neglect which I'm not all to blame for really. Thank god I always was such a strictler for try to maintain roses names in a book and tried to make so tags were near them and often bury them to try to prevent fading. Anyway I was working on this bed with my survivors and comparing them to my last book I documented names and places of roses. Well you know how there are roses you own you just know their name and the way they look and how they grow. Well all the roses in bed were properly marked because even dead ones when found there tag when preparing for the soon new matched what I had written. But this one......... I could put money on it that it was La Marne but in my book is written Le Pactole! Well she has a bud already on her so I'm just patiently waiting. And thinking my books gonna be right because I know La Marne had habit of being a show off and one bud doesn't sound like La Marne.

So its like waiting for water to boil, I'm just so excited to be back to growing roses. 3 of the very few roses I have left have buds on them, that one, and sunset, and Duchess.

Anyway just wanted to share I'm so antsy for more growth and to see my garden look wonderful again!

Comments (3)