SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Need larger shrub in back of Blue Muffin - pic

marys1000
17 years ago

The long story is I had the Blue Muffin in front where it got dessicated by the wind so I had to move it. I put it on the middle retaining wall next to the house but now realize I need to put something taller and bigger there as a bit of a sight shield to the north/neighbors. Its the only wall without a window. So I will need to move the Blue Muffin again which worries me. I will probably just move it further out.

I am looking for suggestions: should be something that grows tall but hopefully not too big around, won't hurt the retaining wall, hardy (its windy and dry here, this will be partly protected by the wall from the dessicating south winds but will get the north/northwest winter winds, zone 5a, currently zero shade) and preferrably something that birds can use

- another Viburnum? Arrowwood? This Blue Muffin is the only one I have, but I also have lots more room to fill up so if not a Viburnum here, it/they can go elsewhere.

The other greenery you see is just tomato plants till I get a veggie garden set up next year (this is a slow ongoing project). I have to figure out the whole rest of beds as well if anyone wants to chime in with further suggestions.

Thanks,

Mary, eastern Nebraska

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/marys1000/house/

Comments (5)