SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
6dreamers

Larger family in need of a larger Range.

6dreamers
9 years ago

I need advice on choosing a range with 6 burners and 2 ovens. 2 ovens need to be able to roast a 20 lb. turkey in one oven and bake several trays of cookies or mini muffins in the other at the same time. The burners will need to be able to cook 2 cast iron skillets of fried potatoes, 2 skillets of fried meat of some sort, a pot for green beans, and a pot for corn at the same time. As this is a typical meal. I am a simple cook, no need for all of the bells and whistles. I want something that is dependable, well made. I use a Maytag Gemini Double oven now, but I have to use an electric skillet and all of the burners from the range in order to get dinner for my family done on time. We are building and I don't want to have to replace a range 10 years down the line. I'm in love with the Aga cookers but after finding out how much it will cost to run each month that is a no go. I use a double burner griddle weakly so I will have to have another one to go with the knew range. I'm looking for a dual fuel range. My husband likes the La Canche. I have read that it takes 45 min. to heat up one of the ovens, and that it will not fit larger baking sheets, so that wont work well. We don't eat out at all, so it will be used nightly. I have never used convection ovens but was thinking they could be used for baking several trays of muffins at once. What would you advise going with? Viking, Wolf, Jennair, Blue Star, La Cornue, Maytag, Gaggenau, Miele, La Canche. Do the more expensive ranges out last the ranges like Maytag? Would love to hear from some one who has owned any of these brands for many years, and would buy them again. Pros and cons. Oh in case you are wondering we have 5 children ages 15 months to 14 years. They are large eaters. Would one of the La Canche with larger ovens be better?

Comments (7)