SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

walkway finished.. help!! haze on the stones???

roorezzi
16 years ago

Hi - I had posted about polymeric along the driveway. For some reason I didn't get any emails saying there were reponses - so I apoligize. We ended up patching part of the driveway and then putting the sand down again in that spot.

Anyway - - new problem... After putting the sand down and painstakingly brushing off each stone.. there is still a haze on the stones from the polymeric sand. Has anyone had this happen before? Is there a way to clean it?

Depending on the coloring after cleaning, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a wet-look sealer. I really like the color of the stones when they are wet - but I am not sure if thats the way to go.

Here are some pics.

Here is the completed walkway - showing Haze

{{gwi:43857}}

Here is another view of the completed walkway

{{gwi:287594}}

Here is a picture of putting them down. You can see the difference in the color.

{{gwi:287595}}

And Lastly.. here is a pic of what they look like wet - what do you think? Maybe once the dust is off them I will not feel the need to seal.. ???

{{gwi:287596}}

I do not think that theres any actual glue on the stones its more of a dust - but no matter how much we brush it off it doesn't look like before..

Thanks in Advance!

Ruth

Comments (4)

Sponsored