SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meisocal

Olive Tree Leaves Falling

meisocal
11 years ago

I received an Olive Tree seedling about 10 months ago and it came in a very small slender plastic pot. The tree came from a supplier that grows trees for olive tree farmers and so I believe that this container was temporary until the farmer got the tree in the ground. When I got the tree home, I transplanted the tree into a larger pot with well composted soil hoping the it would grow bigger and stronger before I moved in to the the ground. Well, ever since then, the leaves have been dropping quite a bit, followed by a growth spurts and then more leaf drop.

I had it outdoors for all summer, moved it indoors hoping to protect from the cold nights, but then I was told that it should do better outdoors. It has been outdoors for two weeks now, but I have not seen any change. When I had it indoors, I was watering about twice a week with a proper soak and fully drain method. Ever since it has been outdoors, I have not watered it because of the rains we have been having lately.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I was hoping to have a large olive tree in my front yard someday.

This post was edited by meisocal on Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 19:28

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH