SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tlbean2004

If a tree is dying in the summer will all the leaves fall off the tree

tlbean2004
8 years ago

Anyone who has seen my past posts knows that i have an affection for callery pear trees. This past winter on 2 different occasions i cut several branches off a callery pear to try and root them. The rooting attempts failed. Also in early march i air layered 6 branches but i removed them too soon. The tree flowered and leafed out very healthily. I see the tree on my ay to work every day and i noticed that it has lost MANY leaves and looks very bare. It still has leaves that cover all the branches they just are not as lush as they were in spring. All the other pears around the area look fine. Only the tree that i was cutting on looks bad.

Do you think the tree will die? could it have gotten an infection? I also left a zip tie/cable tie secured around one of the branches when i air layered it because the stem seemed to die but i forgot to cut it off since i was always in a hurry.

I tried to go look at it today but with it being on the side of the highway i have to pull over and it a cop sees a car pulled over on the highway they will write a ticket. ( i had a cop pull over when i was there this spring and it is so awkward explaining why im visiting a tree in a field against the highway, lol).

When i got out of the car i tried to be very quick to go see it up close but there were too many weeds that were knee high and i did not know it there were snakes in the weeds or ticks or anything else so i turned back around and got in my car and left. When i was visiting it in the winter and early spring there obviously were no weeds in my way.

So its really impossible for my to get a close look at it.

Any advice :(

Comments (2)