SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katefisher_gw

A visit to Rogue Valley Roses

katefisher
15 years ago

This weekend I decided to make a quick trip from our place in Northern, CA up to Oregon which created a perfect opportunity for a stop in at Rogue Valley Roses. Yeah! After much agonizing over all of their gorgeous roses via the website this winter I needed a fix and this was just right.

Janet and her staff were just amazing and wonderfully gracious, especially in light of the unique circumstances at her facility. Rogue Valley Roses is located at it and actually is Janet's home. To go there you really need an appt. except for specific visiting hours during the summer. I did make arrangements for coming but really only to pick up two roses and then in theory to go on my way. I was so delighted to meet the owner though and explore the many, many, MANY wonderful roses I had a hard time containing my enthusiasm. I just kept asking more and more questions and they were answered and received with great patience.

I took a pile of pictures to share with you all. Fortunately I did remember my manners long enough to ask a) if I could take photos and b)share them with the forum. Since the property isn't open to the public per se Janet said I could take all the pictures I wanted as long as I did not post them on GW. Since this is her home I could see wishing to preserve a semblance of privacy. Sorry guys.

Anyway if you are thinking of a purchase from RVR I would not hesitate. Seeing all the hard work going into making the roses we cherish was very humbling. I want to thank Janet and her crew again for doing what you do to bring us the roses we love and best hopes that your venture continues to be a successful one.

Last but not least my rose haul incuded:

Souvenir du Dr. Jamain

Don Juan

Lavendar Lassie - total impulse purchase:)

Baby Austin

Golden Buddha

Incantation

Unnamed band - given to me by Janet from the roses which have defied being identified. When she gave it to me she said 'don't blame me if whatever this is grows into a giant monster'!

I will post pictures of the bands later today. Thanks.

Kate

Comments (5)