SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
both_gw

What date did you pick for your rose delivery?

both
16 years ago

I am just wondering if I should move some of the delivery dates for my roses with the companies I ordered from. Most are arriving mid April for bare root and May for small own root in pots. The Hortico order is set for April with no particular date but I have heard so much about how behind schedule they are that I don't want to make it too late.

Here is my picked up along the way concept. As soon as you can dig a hole when the ground is not frozen you can put in bare root. A little frost will not hurt these any more than the other sticks in the yard. Also throw a blanket over them on a frost night. I think Chicago's last frost date is April 22. The frost last year did not damage any of my roses, but I did not add any last year before the frost.

So now with that said how many of you cold zoners feel like it's the countdown before Christmas when we were kids waiting to get into the garden. Today I am going to look into buying some of the organic stuff for the garden from a feed store to give me something garden related to do. Only 21 days left before prunning day - I think?

Comments (16)